A vegetarian take on the classic Bolognese, using lentils instead of beef.
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 300g chestnut or Portobello mushrooms, finely chopped
- 200g red lentils
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- Dolmio® sauce for Bolognese Low Fat 500g
- 50g walnuts, finely chopped
Dolmio® Low Fat Sauce for Bolognese
1. Finely chop the onion and mushrooms in a food processor using the blade attachment if you can, to save time.
2. Place all the ingredients (apart from the walnuts) into a large saucepan, cover with a lid and bring to a simmer. Leave to thicken for 20–25 minutes, stirring occasionally, replacing the lid after each stir.
3. Add the walnuts, stir and simmer without the lid for a further five minutes before serving with freshly cooked pasta or using to make a vegetarian lasagne.
4. Serve with a side salad and grated parmesan if you wish.